So the Liebster Award - what on earth is it, I thought to myself?? So I googled it, with pretty big ideas/dreams in my head. I've only ever been awarded a colouring book for winning at 'Simon Says', back in the dark ages, when I was a young un. So thank you to Hannah for nominating me and making me feel like an Oscar Nominee for just one day (I used to have such dreams)!
Please check out Hannah's blog (http://www.trustinvogue.blogspot.co.uk/), I'm loving reading it and was especially pleased to see that she's a Leeds girl (I worked in Leeds years ago, before moving down South).
So, the Liebster Award - what is it exactly?
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers, a kind of pat on the back and encouragement to those who have less than 200 followers and might be thinking 'why am I doing this'? This award shows them that people are indeed reading. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest and so on.
So what are the rules to the award?
- Answer 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new or newish blogs and make 11 questions for them to answer
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- When I was a little girl I ran away from my mum in a crowded place, only to be rescued and returned by the actor Oliver Reed (may he rest in peace).
- I'm a Bee Keeper in London.
- I can't stand it when people half mix tomato ketchup with mayonnaise - the sight of it makes me heave. In fact just writing about it sets my teeth on edge.
- I've lived in 26 different houses.
- I have a growing issue with pets (currently I have 3 cats, 1 dog and planning the next).
- I have shamefully never passed my driving test (I just can't do it!).
- When I was very young I had a crush on Kenneth Williams. I was devastated when I found out that not only was he gay (I never stood a chance) but also that he was dead (kind of puts an end to things).
- I'm a secret Gamer (PC Games, X-Box - love them).
- My favourite book EVER is The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Every woman (and even the men!) should read this.
- I love trashy TV, particularly 'Revenge' and 'Made in Chelsea' but my major love is horror movies.
- I once had a date with (read: we 'made out' in a bar in Leeds - classy) one of the cast of Emmerdale - but the name of who it was dies with me (it's too humiliating to admit).
As requested, here are my answers to Hannah's questions:
1. What's your biggest fear?
Losing my teeth (a recurring nightmare of mine)
2. What's your lifetime ambition?
To travel the world - a common one I know, but I live to travel (I'm slowly getting round to visiting all the places on my list).
3. Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years time?
Much older - depressingly so.
4. Chocolate or Sweets?
Today? It has to be Chocolate.
5. If you had to take an object with you to a deserted island, what would you take?
Egyptian Magic Cream
6. If you had the opportunity to claim lots of money but lose your blog, would you do it?
Depends how mercenary I was feeling on that particular day - but today, I'd keep the blog.
7. Who inspires you?
My lovely friends
8. Do you prefer Summer or Winter?
Winter - I'm in my element right now!
9. What's one item of clothing you can't live without?
10. Would you rather be famous, or the best friend of someone famous?
Never famous (despite the imagined Oscar win)
11. If you could, would you go to the past to see your ancestors, or would you travel to the future?
Without a doubt I'd have to go back to the past - and find out where it all went so wrong!
and my 11 questions to my nominees are:
1. What's the most embarrassing thing that's happened to you?
2. Dogs or Cats?
3. Your house is on fire, what do you grab?
4. What book are you currently reading?
5. Best beauty buy of 2012?
6. What's top of your ambition list for 2013?
7. What is something you do differently than others?
8. What are you most grateful for?
9. What is your favourite childhood memory?
10. Who is your biggest style crush?
11. Would you rather be Dorothy or the Wicked Witch of the West?
Thank you to all the people who are following me, read my blog and especially to those that post - it's appreciated much more than you know (although I'm sure you do know).
My nominees: (apologies if you do happen to have more than 200 followers, but I'm new to this and slowly building up the blogs I follow) - I only wish I could nominate everyone, but here are my 11:
Samuel - www.samueljamesmorris.com
Ellie - www.thebeautycave99.blogspot.co.uk
Ellie - www.thebeautycave99.blogspot.co.uk
Libby - www.cherrytruth2.blogspot.co.uk
Isabel - www.blondieslens.blogspot.co.uk
Heva - www.hevastyle.blogspot.co.uk
Helen - www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk
Sophie & Olivia - www.12tea-cups.blogspot.co.uk
Jill - www.alittlesoapbox.blogspot.co.uk
Rebecca - www.florencefinds.com
Alice - www.ahandfulofalice.blogspot.se
Louise - www.swirliciousbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
Happy blogging to all! x